Sunday, October 28, 2012

HIDDEN PORK (PORK CASING)


Shalom Ladies,

My family and I were out food shopping about a week ago, and I saw a NEW Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage by Butterball and Perdue.  I was so excited until I did what I normally do to all products I am about to purchase; READ THE LABELS!

                                    

 I could have hit the floor when I saw Butterball and Perdue Sausage contains PORK CASING, I said, “Are you kidding me? I did not know, your companies sold PORK, so why put your sausages in a PORK CASE?”  That lead me to further research on why would a company that sells NO PORK BASED product decided to use PORK CASING.  This is what I found from the International Journal of Food Science and Technology, “Pork casings are made from pig intestines, unlike sausages made with artificial casings, sausages made with pork casings have superior flavor and aroma.”

YOU KNOW I AM SCREAMING RIGHT!!!!!

During my research I found a great website that list CLEAN\UNCLEAN FOODS.  Please know I am posting this due to my findings, if you have any questions; please contact the manufacturer of the product for further details.  I DID NOT MAKE THIS LIST UP!


Also, I appreciate them updating their list when a company changes their ingredients.  One of my favorite snacks of all times, was on the unclean list, and now Frito Lay has stop using porcine(PORK ENZYMES) in their Nacho Cheese Doritos; you guessed it I am doing my happy dance!!!  This list was last updated on 10/5/2012.  With all this said, please be mindful when purchasing products.  PRAISE YAH FOR WISDOM ALWAYS, until next time.

1 comment:

  1. I use that list a lot. I guess I should've been shared because I live in Chicago & since the truth has been given to me I've used that product list. About 5yrs now. They do update it too! Nikkiya

    ReplyDelete